Remote Work: Software Security Engineer
Salary: $80,000.00 to $95,000.00 /year
Work from home opportunity. Only seeking candidates in South Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, Kentucky, Minnesota, Texas, Florida, or Colorado.
Swing over to our websites for more information: https://www.bvhllc.com/
- You want to crack on software until it crumbles.
- You want work that’s a challenge and an adventure.
- You want to work at a place where you’re not the only one who knows what’s going on.
- You want to be amply rewarded for your hard work.
- You want to drastically minimize your daily commute.
Berryville Holdings, LLC is a software development and services company dedicated to providing leading-edge technology solutions to customers whose security and operational requirements demand proactive security and tactical solutions. We can’t tell you exactly what we work on here, but we can tell you it’s more awesome than a car that transforms into a robot.
Our headquarters is located outside of Washington D.C. in Herndon, Virginia, and we have highly talented developers across the country who devise and maintain our unique software solutions. Join us to realize your full potential, to focus your talents on rewarding and meaningful work, and to stop being a labor charity for mediocre software companies.
Berryville Holdings, LLC is seeking a highly motivated software security engineer with experience and education on how to infiltrate software systems. The primary responsibility of this job is to conduct daily security assessments of our platform, identify weaknesses, and provide remediation steps. Secondary responsibilities include the design and deployment of security monitoring and incident response solutions.
This is a full-time, work-from-home position that allows for job responsibilities to be performed on a flexible work schedule. Salary is $80,000.00-95,000.00. This position is W2 only. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire (including an extensive criminal background check, government security investigation, and drug test). Berryville Holdings is committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, creed, or any other applicable protected class status.
- Two weeks vacation, plus time off for all federal holidays and your birthday
- Health, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401K matching
- Related classwork and certification reimbursement
- Evaluate, deploy, and test security solution(s), processes and tools
- Perform regular security assessments of our platform
- Monitor and Investigate security findings from system scans
- Build security monitoring and incident response solutions
- Develop and maintain documentation
- Software patching and vulnerability management
- Save the universe in the comfort of your own home
- 3+ years experience in a security technology role
- 3+ years experience in a scripting language
- 3+ years experience working with Linux operating system
- Proficiency with a variety of programming, scripting, and configuration languages
- Networking knowledge, including network security and segmentation
- Effective verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Ability to self-manage and prioritize tasks
- Ability to successfully operate in a highly dynamic environment
- Hands-on experiences with cyber security tools (firewalls, SIEM, IDS, static code analyzers)
- Secondary education in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent program and experience
- CCSP, CompTIA certifications
- Experience with a variety of Cloud Providers APIs and services (Amazon, Rackspace, IBM Cloud, etc.)
- Experience with in-house Cloud solutions (VMWare, OpenStack, etc.)
- Car that transforms into a robot (seriously, you get to play with it all the time – it’s our turn)